Equipment dismantling under Project B-9/1(2)
Progress of equipment dismantling and decontamination works
In January 2014 performance of preparatory works has started:
- Preparation of a site for the packaging and transportation of relatively non-radioactive waste that does not require shredding;
- Preparation of a site for entry/exit of vehicles with HHISO containers in order to retain heat during the autumn and winter seasons;
- Removal of equipment and piping insulation in closed compartments.
In July 2014 dismantling of uncontaminated equipment started (after receiving an amended license with a permit from VATESI to perform equipment dismantling works).
- Dismantling of electrical wires, alt. +9.6;
- Dismantling of the third turbine backup exciter and exciters of turbines No 3 and 4;
- Dismantling of water circulation system;
- Dismantling of lubrication system of turbines No 3 and 4;
- Dismantling of the generator stator cooling system;
- Dismantling of the third and fourth turbine equipment;
- Dismantling of drainage pumps of the third and fourth turbine equipment;
- Dismantling of pipelines and condensate pumps;
- Dismantling of heating networks and steam generator;
- Packaging and transportation of heat insulation;
- Retrieval of condensate tubes;
- Dismantling of turbines No 3 and 4.
Works in progress:
- Dismantling of pipelines of the third and fourth turbine;
- Dismantling of electrical equipment.
According to the data available by March 2019, 85% of equipment has been dismantled.
Pre-treated and transported - 66 per cent of the dismantled equipment.
The dismantling works are scheduled to be completed by in April 2021.